April 11-15, 2012
Treat Your Relationship
To An Exotic Blend Of
Adventure, Sun & Tools
To Make Love Last A
Bestmarriages.com joins with Atwell Cycling Retreats.
Take time out from it all; from work, the family and the rest of world to share time with the one you love. This Couples Retreats is 5 days of stellar cycling with expert guiding service and practical couples workshops. During this retreat plan on getting your body and the heart you share with the one you love on the right path.
Atwell Cycling House is a premier accommodation located in a serene desert area near Tucson, AZ. The 5bedroom/5.5 bath home equipped perfectly for this couples retreat. From the time we pick you up at the airport to the time we drop you off, every detail is taken care of. Your only focus is you and your relationship, getting your mind, heart and fitness onto the right path.
Read all about this unique opportunity by clicking on the picture and Change your relationship without changing your partner! To register click here.
Who Should Attend?
Any couple that sees the value of “checking in” on their marriage or relationship. Any couple that has been in a short or long term relationship. Any couple that may be in distress. Any couple that wants to ensure their relationship is sustainable and lasting. Click here to read what couples are saying about this important workshop here. This workshop is filled with humour and is guaranteed to not be intimidating, embarrassing or a waste of your time. We all are continually saddened about marriages and relationships resulting in a 50% divorce or break up rate. This workshop can help prevent that from happening. Is it not time that you made the investment in your relationship? This workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with the insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, then this two day workshop will provide a roadmap for repair. Read what others are saying about this workshop!
What You Will Learn
In this workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict grid-lock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
The Workshop Program
The Gottmans’ research has taught us what really makes marriages work by studying and following over 3,000 couples in three decades of research. This workshop is to teach you exactly what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their marriages. During the first day, you will learn how to build fondness, admiration, and closeness in your relationship. On the second day, you’ll work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills. In this workshop, there will be many humorous stories and role plays. Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges in their real-life relationship. Gottman Therapists are available to support couples one-on-one with exercises. There is no group work or public disclosure.
Please go to Atwell Couples Cycling Retreats for full details and registration.
Five Basic Questions
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your marriage is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your marriage is doing well, how can you ensure that your relationship will continue to grow?
- As your relationship improves, how can you make changes last?
Assess Your Marriage
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage.
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on these.
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Learn small easy steps that increase romance in your relationship
Build A Solid Marital House
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your marital intimacy
- Use the Fondness & Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution: Softened Start-Up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work and De-escalation
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
For more info on the presenters and the Gottman Program see the Couples Workshop main page.