Couples Workshop Calgary
Listen to Darren and Lawrence on The Beat 94.5 as they highlight key tips featured in the workshop.
Dates For The Gottman Couples Workshops!
October 22-23, 2011 Calgary, Alberta Executive Royal Inn, 2828- 23rd st. N.E. (403) 291-2003
May 26-27, 2012 Calgary, Alberta Executive Royal Inn, 2828- 23rd st. N.E. (403) 291-2003
Wait list only. Please call 604-539-5277 updated May 20th, 2012
Who Should Attend?
Any couple that sees the value of “checking in” on their marriage or relationship. Any couple that has been in a short or long term relationship. Any couple that may be in distress. Any couple that wants to ensure their relationship is sustainable and lasting.
Click here to read what couples are saying about this important workshop here. This workshop is filled with humour and is guaranteed to not be intimidating, embarrassing or a waste of your time.
We all are continually saddened about marriages and relationships resulting in a 50% divorce or break up rate. This workshop can help prevent that from happening.
Is it not time that you made the investment in your relationship?
This workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with the insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is
distressed, then this two day workshop will provide a roadmap for repair.
What You Will Learn
In this workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict grid-lock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
The Workshop Program
The Gottmans’ research has taught us what really makes marriages work by studying and following over 3,000 couples in three decades of research. This workshop is to teach you exactly what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their marriages.
During the first day, you will learn how to build fondness, admiration, and closeness in your relationship. On the second day, you’ll work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills. In this workshop, there will be many humorous stories and role plays. Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges in their real-life relationship. Gottman Therapists are available to support couples one-on-one with exercises. There is no group work or public disclosure.
See above for dates & locations; we will provide further details provided at registration.
- Weekend Schedule:
- Saturday: 8:30AM–5:00PM (registration at 8:00AM)
- Sunday: 8:30AM–5:00PM
- Cost Per Couple:
- Early Registration by
May 3: $499.00 plus GST. Extended to May 10, 2012 (wait list only)
- Standard Registration: $575.00 plus GST
- (Excludes hotel booking)
- LIMITED SEATS. This event will sell out at this price!
Cancellation Policy: If cancellation is made on or before the Early Registration Cutoff Date, a full refund less a $50.00 processing fee will be given. After the cut-off date, your registration will be converted to a credit for a future workshop within the following twelve months.
- Early Registration by
Five Basic Questions
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your marriage is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your marriage is doing well, how can you ensure that your relationship will continue to grow?
- As your relationship improves, how can you make changes last?
Assess Your Marriage
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage.
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on these.
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Learn small easy steps that increase romance in your relationship
Build A Solid Marital House
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your marital intimacy
- Use the Fondness & Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution: Softened Start-Up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work and De-escalation
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
Workshop Presenters Darren Wilk M.A. RCC and Lawrence Stoyanowski MSC, RCC bring a wealth of insight with over 30 years of combined experience working with couples and families. They both are Certified Gottman Therapists and are the first to deliver the Art and Science of Love workshop outside of the United States . Their counseling practice, Lighthouse Therapeutic Services, is designed around the Motto,“Make your marriage great without changing your mate.” They both have a passion for couples therapy and have developed a number of innovative tools and assessments for relationships.
Their presentations are humorous and inspiring and have been enjoyed by hundreds of couples over the years, who keep coming back for more “nuts and bolts” information to enhance or repair their relationships. The weekend will be filled with role plays modeling the tools used, lectures, and plenty of opportunities for couples to get closer and deepen their relationship.
About the Gottman Institute
Darren and Lawrence received their certification at the Gottman Institute after being personally trained by Drs. John & Julie Gottman. The Gottman Institute was co-founded by Drs. John & Julie Gottman in Seattle, Washington, and is dedicated to building vital bridges of trust and understanding in couple’s relationships. The Gottman model of therapy is based upon Dr. John Gottman’s 35 years of research with over 3,000 couples.
John Gottman is an emeritus Professor of Psychology at the University of Washington and founded what the media termed “The Love Lab”, where much of his research on couples’ interactions was conducted. His breakthrough research on marriages has earned him numerous national and international awards and culminated in 38 books, including The Relationship Cure, the New York Times best-seller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: Why Marriages Succeed or Fail… and How You Can Make Yours Last, and Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart Of Parenting. John has appeared on numerous TV programs, including: Oprah, Good Morning America, 20-20, Prime Time, and The CBS Morning News. Articles about him have appeared in The New York Times, Newsweek, USA Today, Psychology Today, Family Circle, Ladies Home Journal, Redbook, Glamour, Woman’s Day, People, Men’s Health, Self, Readers’ Digest, The Seattle Times, and Seattle P-I.
Fees per Couple: Wait list only – Please Call to confirm!
- Early Registration by
May 3, $499.00 plus GST. Held over until May 10th, (wait list only)
- Standard Registration $575.00 plus GST
- LIMITED SEATS. This event will sell out!
- Option 1. = Early registration by
May 3, $499.00 plus GST May 10th.
- Option 2. = Standard registration after May 3, for $575.00 plus GST
- Option 3. = Therapist registration by May 3 for $375.00 Plus GST
- Please provide your phone # when asked below as it is our only way to contact you!!
If you do not wish to register online, you may Register by Phone at 604-539-5277 and pay by VISA, Mastercard, or cheque. Please do not send cash. Make cheques or money orders payable to Lighthouse Therapeutic Services. Once registered, your payment will be processed within 2 business days.